We want to continue to ensure we follow all safety measures in accordance to the club, CDC, and USDBF COVID-19 guidelines. Please see the following:
- Paddlers must be fully vaccinated in order to participate in this practice. Proof of vaccination will be required upon arrival; therefore, please bring your vaccination card.
- Arrive on time. Be at the boat launch site at the designated start time.
- If any of the following applies, please contact us to have your name withdrawn:
- If you are sick, not feeling well, have a fever, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, etc., please stay home.
- If you were in contact with someone with COVID within 2 weeks before the practice date, please stay home.
- If your schedule changes and you are no longer able to attend.
Directions: A detailed map of the Launch Site can be downloaded HERE. Please note that there are no public restrooms at this location; therefore, please plan accordingly.
ALL PADDLERS: As a team sport, all paddlers are expected to pitch in and help with unloading and loading the boats when the boat arrives. If you are not able to assist with lifting the boats, please help with the equipment (paddles and pfd’s). Please show your team spirit and get involved.
- Bring sunblock and plenty of fluids such as water or a sports drink. However, please do not leave your bottles in the boat, on the dock or in the parking lot for others to clean up.
- Helping load the boats before and after practice is a GROUP effort. The process is faster and safer when everyone lends a hand.
- If you cannot attend practice, please contact us to have your name remove from the sign-up list. Space is limited so removing your name allows someone else to take your spot.
- Coaches may cancel a practice if weather conditions become risky for paddlers. Rain is not a reason to cancel practice, but heavy lightning is. We will try to contact everyone about cancellations, but it’s ultimately the paddler’s responsibility to check on the status of practices.
- The first two water practices are FREE for guests (first time paddling with Houston Heat). Afterwards, all subsequent practices will be offered at $15 each for non-members. Visit Membership and Guest Trial for more information. Please note that once a paddler uses the free practices, this policy does not renew each year for that paddler.
We're sorry, but we're no longer accepting new signups for this opportunity.