RESERVED WATER PRACTICE: This practice is reserved for current Houston Heat members who have paid their membership dues in 2020-2011. If you are not a member, please consider a future practice that is not reserved. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Heaters, this is our first water practice since the COVID-19 pandemic. We are excited to kickoff this year’s first water practice and want to ensure we follow all safety measures in accordance to the club, CDC, and USDBF COVID-19 guidelines. Please see the following:
- This practice is reserved for paddlers who have paid their membership dues in 2020.
- Members must be fully vaccinated in order to participate in this practice. Proof of vaccination will be required upon arrival; therefore, please bring your vaccination card.
- If you are sick, not feeling well, have a fever, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, etc., please stay home. Contact us to withdraw your name from the signup.
- If you were in contact with someone with COVID within 2 weeks before the practice date, please stay home. Contact us to withdraw your name from the signup.
- If your schedule changes, please contact us so we can have your name removed from the signup. This will allow other members on the waitlist the opportunity to paddle.
- Arrive on time. Be at the boat launch site at the designated start time.
Directions: A detailed map of the Launch Site can be downloaded HERE. Please note that there are no public restrooms at this location; therefore, please plan accordingly.
ALL PADDLERS: As a team sport, all paddlers are expected to pitch in and help with unloading and loading the boats when the boat arrives. If you are not able to assist with lifting the boats, please help with the equipment (paddles and pfd’s). Please show your team spirit and get involved.
- Bring sunblock and plenty of fluids such as water or a sports drink. However, please do not leave your bottles in the boat, on the dock or in the parking lot for others to clean up.
- Helping load the boats before and after practice is a GROUP effort. The process is faster and safer when everyone lends a hand.
- If you cannot attend practice, please contact us to have your name remove from the sign-up list. Space is limited so removing your name allows someone else to take your spot.
- Coaches may cancel a practice if weather conditions become risky for paddlers. Rain is not a reason to cancel practice, but heavy lightning is. We will try to contact everyone about cancellations, but it’s ultimately the paddler’s responsibility to check on the status of practices.