Paddlers, please try to arrive ON TIME. This means paddlers need to be at the boat launch site at the designated start time. It is unfair to the rest of the team who make every effort to be on time. The coaches lose about 15 minutes of instruction every time we have to stop to pick up a paddler. If your schedule change and you will not be able to attend, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Map to Launch Site: A detailed map of the Launch Site can be downloaded HERE.
ALL PADDLERS: As a team sport, all paddlers are expected to pitch in and help with unloading and loading the boats when the boat arrives. If you are not able to assist with lifting the boats, please help with the equipment (paddles and pfd’s). Please show your team spirit and get involved.
- Bring sunblock and plenty of fluids such as water or a sports drink. However, please do not leave your bottles in the boat, on the dock or in the parking lot for others to clean up.
- Helping load the boats before and after practice is a GROUP effort. The process is faster and safer when everyone lends a hand.
- If you cannot attend practice, please remove your name from the sign-up list. Space is limited so removing your name allows someone else to take your spot.
- Coaches may cancel a practice if weather conditions become risky for paddlers. Rain is not a reason to cancel practice, but heavy lightning is. We will try to contact everyone about cancellations, but it’s ultimately the paddler’s responsibility to check on the status of practices.
- The first two water practices are FREE for guests (first time paddling with Houston Heat). Afterwards, non-members can either purchase a full membership or a one-time 30-day unlimited practices trial membership for $30. Then all subsequent practices will be offered at $15 each for non-members. Visit Membership and Guest Trial for more information. Please note that once a paddler uses the free practices, this policy does not renew each year for that paddler.
- Please note that during the month leading up to local events (March – May, August – October festivals), the 2-free-practice policy for guests will be suspended. So, for the months indicated, there will be a $15 fee for all guests and non-members at all water practices. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope this does not discourage you from joining us at practice or becoming a member.